Re: [ihc] Don't hate me because I am Beautiful

> Well gang, the conversion to family life continues. Chris and I were
talking
> about my Mercury and it is starting to cost more and more and that it
maybe
> time at nine years (considering how it was built) to swap it for something
> newer and kid (and wife) friendly. It's reliable and zippy if I need it
but
> it is a manual and Chris will not learn it since she found out that
> Automatics are pretty staandard now a days.
>
> So I asked her what she would agree to but would still work for me. She
> asked for a Hybrid SUV or a small size SUV. To be honest, she kind of
liked
> the Jeep Liberty.

The Jeep liberty's are great for what they are - they have very good road
manners and drive like a car.  For far less money, you can get a 1 or 2 year
old cherokee.  Although you are buying jeep, it is very easy to work on, has
a long production run (I believe 2003 might be the last year for them?)
which makes parts cheap and easy to find.  You get a solid front axle which
has its benefits for strength, though you lose road manners, the inline 6
which if cared for will last, and a billion aftermarket parts.  It may not
have the looks you are going for, but it is hard to beat on the the
financial side.  Similarly if you're looking for road manners, the ford
escape I hear drives very nicely - and I would guess is in the same class as
the liberty.  Good luck, have fun.

-Jeff
Bigscout79

---