Re: [ihc] Don't hate me because I am Beautiful

on 9/9/03 5:42 AM, Jeff Randolph at bigscout79@domain.elided wrote:

> The Jeep liberty's are great for what they are - they have very good road
> manners and drive like a car.  For far less money, you can get a 1 or 2 year
> old cherokee.  Although you are buying jeep, it is very easy to work on, has
> a long production run (I believe 2003 might be the last year for them?)
> which makes parts cheap and easy to find.  You get a solid front axle which
> has its benefits for strength, though you lose road manners, the inline 6
> which if cared for will last, and a billion aftermarket parts.  It may not
> have the looks you are going for, but it is hard to beat on the the
> financial side.  Similarly if you're looking for road manners, the ford
> escape I hear drives very nicely - and I would guess is in the same class as
> the liberty.  Good luck, have fun.
>
> -Jeff
> Bigscout79

The Libertys (hmm, how does one spell that?) have very little off-road
capability due mostly to clearance issues. On the other hand as Jeff has
indicated, the Cherokee had excellent off-road capabilities. Also, as Jeff
said, there are a million modifications for them.

The 4L inline 6 is a wonderful engine, one of the best ever built by
'mericans, in my opinion. The auto tranny we had in our 94 was very strong.
That "Select Trac" option makes for a very useful choice of drives,
according to what your needs at the moment are.

My daughter would tell Christine to buy the Subaru, but what does she know?
It's a girlie vehicle. And so what if it'll probably run forever, The
Cherokee will too, and it will make a lot more rattlely sounds while doing
it.

John Hofstetter