Re: Cheryl's a-comin' to Kaliforny!

----- Original Message -----
From: "J Grammer" <jim@domain.elided>
To: <ihc@domain.elided>
Sent: Wednesday, August 06, 2003 18:49
Subject: Cheryl's a-comin' to Kaliforny!

> is 2bbl or 4bbl AFAICT, 'cause my brother in-law's '74 passed smog with
> flying colors last year, and it has an engine out of a '79 with a 4bbl
> carb(not available in '74). This was in one of the stricter

I was under the impression that all smog scouts with the 345s got 4bbls?
IE, if it had a smog pump etc.  In that case, when did 4bbls become standard
on the smog scouts?

My scout has a 2bbl since it's a '78 "Federal" (non smog) scout... EGR valve
only and nothing's been removed....

On that note.... T.R.E...  is it possible that the "federal" part of your
304 just means it was a 50 state truck?  Just notice that the non CA/ smog
etc scouts are reffered to as "Federal" vehicles in the service manual...

-Ryan