74/75 bellhousing, etc.

>> Actually, I LIKE my 74-75 bellhousing bolts.
>>
>> Since I have "no" interior, I just pull the tranny tunnel cover off.  I
>> can then get to all 6 bellhousing bolts from the cab, with my impact
>> wrench.  Sometimes a wobble-socket is helpful for the lower corners, but
>> otherwise it's a snap.
>
> I fought the top and middle ones from the top side with wrenches.  Scraped
> knuckles and flashbacks of working on Chevies.

While we're on the subject.. I also run a hydraulic clutch setup that
bolts to the passenger head.  I can get those a lot easier from the tranny
tunnel, too.

But the important bit of news to share.. I tried to use my "engine
leveler" to put my 392 in.

The little "ear" on the "L" bracket on the leveler, bolted to the driver's
head, hit the firewall before the motor mounts lined up.

I sawzalled the ear off.

We managed to fight it all in, but then I couldn't get the bolt out of the
head, so I had to cut THAT off, too, just to get the leveler out.

Sure seemed like a good idea at the time.. but next time I'll use an
engine lift plate.