Thought on Holley 2300

Hello all....
This is the first time that I've posted to the digest in about 6 years but I
still receive them all and read every single one so I'm only coming out of
the
lurk.
I've been having problems with the 2245 2-barrel on my '76 Scout 304 for the
past 2-3 months and I reconditioned the accel pump so many times that I just
wanted out of the carb with no more problems. I had a 2210 factory rebuild
around for several years and after mounting it I had problems with it as
well.
I took the 2245 in to a local shop in Portland for a rebuild and they told me
it was a piece of garbage carb to begin with and not to waste my money
rebuilding it. The carb guy told me that IH used the 2300 for a couple years
and that it would mount right up and was a far better carb. I posted to the
bulletin looking for info but I thought I'd try here as well. I've never seen
the 2300 outside of Ford applications and I'm wondering if it's a good option
for my specific use. Is it a true "bolt-on" option. I have a 4 speed tranny
so
linkage isn't an issue but I'm still a little curious about the choke side
linkage? I ordered a 2300 from the local parts shop today and it looks like
there is a manual choke? Is there an electric conversion available or do I
have to start drilling holes for a manual cable?
Thanks for all the info and years of reading.
Ryan Goldade
Portland OR
jettisoned@domain.elided