Re: scout II spindle nut sockets.

I just bought a spindle nut socket, nuts and washers at the local j**p
joint. The socket is 2 1/16 and is a thin stamp type affair. It was only
$12. A regular socket may be too thick.

Both the nuts and washer for one side was about $5.00. The outer nut on the
Scout requires either a punch or a special wrench to loosen. The
replacement nuts have standard flats. The replacement washers are flat
washers while the Scout ones are a different design. My Scout washers were
toast so I replaced nuts and washers.

I put in new front bearings also and can now cruise down the highway with
one hand. It used to take two hands to keep it between the lines.

I believe that the spindle nuts are the same as on a j**p.

m alexander