Re: RE:Are You Prepared?

On Thu, 10 Jul 2003, Ryan Moore wrote:

<snip>

> One of the ammo cans also contains full coveralls for crawling under the
> scout, as well as various other items, of course.  One ammo can is devoted
> to first aid / survival stuff too. I do have one can devoted to flight stuff
> too, so I guess it's not *completely* tools and all.
>
> My coworkers have told me that if I ever get pulled over the cop is going to
> freak out thinking I have an arsenal in the back due to my ammo cans...
> they work really well though and are water tight, sturdy, tought and
> relatively inexpensive.

Ryan:

I use a suplus "Willie Peter" wooden ammo box to carry vehicle
necessaries.

None of LEOs who have inspected the interior of my vehicle at the airports
I've driven to (Miami International [where security is *usually*very*
tight], Ft Lauderdale, Tampa International) have ever reacted negatively
to its presence in the rear of my SUV.

IMHO, the use of surplus ammo boxes, canisters, etc are so ubiquitous
(hell the LEOs probably have a couple in the back of their pickups, SUVs
for the same reason that I do).

It may well be that one day I'll run into a bored LEO who wants to have a
litle fun.  If so, I'll just politely non-react until he gets bored with
me.

YMMV

--
Ted Borck     tborck@domain.elided