Re: Curious Electrical Problem

John,
   I had this happen on my truck. ame side even, though it was the turn
signal not the brake.
   It turned out to be the bulkhead connector for the rear harness. The
left turn signal wire was pulled out about half way and therefor not
making contact with the truck side of the connector.
   This was on a 79, so the harness and the connector would the be the
same for both. I would check that harness connector for your problam as
well.... on second thought you said brake light right? The rear harness
runs down the left frame rail and hits the passenger side lights first,
then swing over to the drivers side. (Or is there a T tap there?) Either
way, you could have  a cut wire from the rear body or frame running
between the lights.

Dan Nees
danees@domain.elided