Gas Gage

Thanks for all the help- I think the only possible source for a leak, in this case, is the nipples that are on the front top of the tank- one came out of the tank when the tank was removed and or the lines. I'm relying on JB Weld for the nipples and new for the lines. Everyone Please- cross our fingers in unison. Gas Gage- another issue- I can't seem to locate one locally (under $100) and when I took the cover off the rheostat like part the rub arm fell out! I'm hoping the rheostat part is good and I can affix the rub arm back on it barring any more good ideas?
Suggestions - I really HATE to put that tank back without fixing it but not as much as I hate parting with bucks like that. . .
Roger L. Waggener Sr.
"The Crusty Old Codger in the Desert"
Mesa, Arizona
rwaggener@domain.elided