Re: Gas Gage?

---That epoxy stick that you speak of. Does that come in names like Sonic
Weld and Quik Steel (FWIW< it is all* made by one company out of TN called
United/Tennessee/American Steel Products or something to that effect)? I
have used it with positive results on holes in my gas tank and other
applications. I would suggest drilling holes around the perimeter of the
fitting(s) of the tank and pushing a small amount into the holes to help
bonding. Would be best if you could reach in on those holes and mushroom the
epoxy that is inside. I would think that two or three small holes drilled in
the fitting would work too, as long as there were something like a pencil or
chopstick that could be used to shape the epoxy inside the fitting.

---I myself have had very little success with JB Weld since it came in
separate tubes, I can't get the perfect mix and I am not going to squeeze
all contents of both tubes to get the correct mix. The stick I refer to is
basically like 2 layers of modeling clay, a hardener on the outside and
metal flake and epoxy on the inside. Cut off a small amount with a razor and
kneed it until it begins to get warm, then apply it and allow it to harden.
Can be drilled and filed when hardened.

---FWIW, it also did wonders as replacement steel around my Traveltop
windows. When it was semi-cured, I shaved it with a razor. After fully
cured, I sanded and filed it to the same thickness as the sheet metal. At
1/16" thick, it is extremely tough. The stuff is great.

---Thank you,
-T.R.E.Jr.
-`73 Scout II (StoneThrower)
-`51 Farmall H (Heinz)
-`49 IH fridge (presently unnamed and in need of a compressor)
-`49 Plymouth Special Deluxe 4-door Sedan (Papapalooza)