RE: DOT Approved Stainless Steel Brake Lines Or Not? (Was:RE: Pete's Loose Ends)

Thanks for the follow-up.  Based on T.R.E.'s thoughts & what I read on the
Skyjacker web page, I may go with their RBL50 (or whatever it was - the
webpage takes you to the same p/n as recommended). It looks as if 2 places
in Tulsa carry/can get 'em - Incl. Sam's Offroad (been meaning to head over
there anyhow!).  I'll call around Saturday and see if either place is open
and stocks the desired part.

My biggest problem is trying to find everything I need - ps pump, ps high
pressure hose, brake line, etc. - at ONE store!  Though I think NAPA might
be my best bet, their online web catalog thingy wasn't too promising.
Showed only about 50-70% of the parts I need.

Let me open another can-o-worms: If I'm replacing the pump, hose, etc. Would
there be any 'value added' benefit to replacing the rag joint while I'm
doing this steering system work?  Anyone know a NON-NAPA part # (already
have it, just in case)that Autozone might be able to reference? Seems I read
somewhere (Jim Weed's pages?) that there's a very SIMILAR looking rag joint
kit that you DON'T want to use (for Ford's I believe). How big a nightmare
is this? How many hours?  What pitfalls? More data! Must have more data!

I'll keep ya posted.

Have a great weekend all!

--Pete