Re: DOT Approved Stainless Steel Brake Lines Or Not? (Was:RE: Pete's Loose Ends)

> Hmmm... not that I'm disputing what you're saying...  ***BUT*** I'm taking
> Tom M's words on blind faith! ;-) At:
> http://www.tmcom.com/~tsm1/scout/faq/brakelines.htm he says:
>
> =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
> When I ordered the 4" Skyjacker Softride kit for my '77 Scout II, I
> decided
> I needed some longer brake lines.. Skyjacker sells lines @ $64 for the
> front, and $33 for the rear, but they're braided stainless steel, and NOT
> DOT approved.

<G>  *When* I ordered my kit.. years ago.. they weren't.  I have heard a
few times that they are now DOT approved.. in fact, after finding they'd
been approved, I ended up with a pair of front Skyjacker lines from BCB.
:D

-Tom