Re: ---My wiring questions (was progress...

---Please don't think me rude for not replying earlier. I actually wanted to
get out into the yard and set up the switch again, but it seem when I have
the time, the rain hasn't let off. Thank you all for the replies.

---Exactly Howard, I have a spare/old headlight switch and I was using it as
a adjustable  resistor. Seems that I removed it and hooked the clock back
up... problem is, my oldest boy picked up the headlight switch and was
playing with the knob... so, I have to get back under the dash and grab the
light/ignition circuit and start from the beginning. No big deal, just that
the rain won't let off long enough. Thank you.

---Thank you Allan, that is exactly what I was looking for.

---Thank you Mr. Hofstetter for getting involved and adding to the thought
process, and for the equation. I do have a spare Ammeter for a Scout II if
you need one, circuit board or gauge, I have them both. :D

---I was thinking that all I had to do is use the Ohm meter to measure the
rheostat, but something was telling me that it wasn't that easy, while the
voices in my head told me that getting the resistance from the voltage
coming out of the rheostat might be more precise a measurement. I went with
the voices rather than the confusing imp on my shoulder telling me I was
doomed.

---Just want to say one thing. I say thank you all (Southern Mode Engaged:
"All ya'll" all) the time in my signature, and at times I even say "thanks
again" or "a preempt thank you", but not too often do I take the time to say
what I think about "youse guys". I have a short story to tell that means a
lot to me. We all know that Jeepers talk about how good their group is and
how they know it all BTDT and the full 9 yards (GM owner/operators I have
sympathy for, it is a defective gene that causes their hallucination). It
made me smile when a jeeper said to me "I would like to join an eMail
service like that. I would join if I knew that there were people that were
full of knowledge and suggestions that were honest and true."

---I have made a few dumb (without thought) suggestions and have been set
straight (i.e. Ryan needing to tow a panel van, I somewhat suggested a
bumper hitch [forgetting my Scout II is different than most... my bumper is
4" tubing and 1/4" plate welded to the frame] and in a polite manner I was
sent to my room). I received a couple suggestions that I didn't agree with,
but all in all, I don't recall seeing a single suggestion that didn't have
reason behind it. In the 3.5-4 years I have been with youse guys I just have
to say, it's the best group of individuals that think alike. OK, I am
getting all teary-eyed now <sniff>, I had better go before I start hugging
people.

---Thank you,
-T.R.E.Jr.
-`73 Scout II (StoneThrower)
-`51 Farmall H (Heinz)
-`49 IH fridge (presently unnamed and in need of a compressor)
-`49 Plymouth Special Deluxe 4-door Sedan (Papapalooza)