Re: ---My wiring questions (was progress on Travelette - premature sending)

If I understand correctly what you did with the clock, you had an extra
headlight switch rheostat in the circuit to the clock with nothing else
connected and adjusted for the proper voltge to the clock, correct?  If
so, remove the wires from the rheostat and use the miltimeter across the
rheostat to find the resistance you had it set at.  This will be the
resistance of the resistor you need.  No equations needed.

Howard