---My wiring questions (was progress on Travelette - premature sending)

---As for my Scout II... it was evident that it needed a nerve
reconstruction surgery. Which BTW, now that I have installed a completely
new system, I am considering changing out the gauge illumination from the
original 158 bulbs to 194 bulbs. Can't wait to see how bright the gauges
will be afterward.

---Now my question. I have installed a digital clock from a `90 model Taurus
(fit the original hole perfectly). I need a resistor in the
lighting/ignition circuit but don't know what ohm rating. I have a digital
multimeter with ohm ranges 200, 2k, 20k, 200k  and 2000k, DC Voltage ranges
of 2V, 20V, 200V and 450V Not knowing too much about electrical engineering,
I have set the lighting/ignition circuit on the clock to the rheostat
feature on an old headlight switch. I am now able to adjust the voltage to
the clock, and get the clock to light up clearly without drowning out the
numbers. So what's next? use the voltmeter to complete the circuit after the
rheostat and take a reading. Here is where I think I need an equation to
figure what ohm resistor I would need to install in the circuit... anyone
have one for me? :D

---Thank you,
-T.R.E.Jr.
-`73 Scout II (StoneThrower)
-`51 Farmall H (Heinz)
-`49 IH fridge (presently unnamed and in need of a compressor)
-`49 Plymouth Special Deluxe 4-door Sedan (Papapalooza)