Re: progress on the travelette

At 12:56 PM -0500 6/29/03, T.R.E. Jr. wrote:
---I have to take this time to tell you that I am sure the truck appreciates
you understanding how it feels. The proof will be in a well running truck
that gives you little problem with it's feelings in the future.
---Thank you,
-T.R.E.Jr.
T.R.E.,
Thanks, I needed that after two days of tracking down wires and such. It was made harder by having only two working fuses -- it seems to be that this fellow "repaired" or bypassed a lot of things that were working fine except for the improper fuses.
I have a temporary turn signal setup until I can get the switch repair kit tomorrow afternoon at the NAPA, they had to get it from the warehouse in Richmond, but they had one.
Drove it round the block (after a 20' delay chatting with a guy who just pulled over to talk about it), it has a wicked shudder at speed (what speed, I dunno, I of course forgot to replace the speedo cable when I put it back together for the fourth time), so I'm afraid I need to get it into a frame shop to check on the front end -- the crossmember up front is bent, wanna make sure the frame isn't twisted. Could, though, also be the tires/wheels.
Anyway, rambling yet again, thanks for the support!
Best,
Joel

--
Joel Furtek