Re: Trailer tongue weight scale

---Most definitely, and if you stop for coffee, gas, whatever, make sure you
check it again. If you find it is unhooked, make sure you check the hubs on
your 4x4 that is the tow vehicle.

---We stopped at for breakfast one morning at a local Daniel's (Illinois) on
the way to the jobsite and well, I'd like to blame kids that act out of
thought, but the fact is, the only people around were construction workers.
Must be a joke to mess with competition or something. Anywhose, we had a
generator hooked to the back of the F-350 Custom. Pulled out of the parking
lot and as soon as the generator left the driveway, "jerk... BAM!" looked in
the rear view mirror and... JERK BAM-BAM! watched the tongue come through
the tailgate. Completely through. Hawkinson Ford wasn't too happy with us
considering it was a lease and we only had to pay a fee of $25 for anything
brought into the service station, we weren't happy to be without the F-250
for two days while they had it. Glad we had the safety chains hooked up...
as usual. Just for the heck of it I checked the locking hubs and wouldn't
you figure, one of them was turned "half way" to lock. FWIW, There has been
plenty of times when I caught kids locking one hub when passing a parked
4x4.

---Thank you,
-T.R.E.Jr.
-`73 Scout II (StoneThrower)
-`51 Farmall H (Heinz)
-`49 IH fridge (presently unnamed and in need of a compressor)
-`49 Plymouth Special Deluxe 4-door Sedan (Papapalooza)