rear end problem (scout rear end, haha)

Hey guys, I'm having a little problem with the rear Dana 44 axle on my
'72 Scout II (345, 4x4, 727 transmission, blah, blah).  I was turning a
corner yesterday and the rear end started popping and making scary
noises.  I took the diff cover off and noticed the little gears inside
the diff (spider gears?) had some teeth missing.

The ring and pinion gears are fine, but those little gears are binding
when the rear wheels are spinning in opposite directions.  Sometimes, it
even locks up so that the wheels will only spin forward or only in
reverse.

According to the lineset ticket, it has a Trac-Lok in the rear.  My
first question is how can I confirm that the Trac-Lok is still installed
(any photos, numbers that should be on the carrier, etc)?  My second
question is, where can I get a replacement Trac-Lok and how difficult
would it be to install?  I'm guessing you just pull out the axles,
remove the diff carrier, put the ring gear on the new Trac-Lok and
reinstall it?  Any other ideas on what to check?  Gracias.