RE: Mac's Starter (kinda long)

## >> Well, not exactly. :-)
## >>
## >> My question is what specifically is *failing* with cheap *autozone or
## >> discount part store* starters.
## >>
## >> I didn't read your post that close, but most of it sounds
## >> like old starters
## >> or electrical or heat problems; not problems with the
## >> starters being cheap
## >> rebuilds.

oh.  well.  ummmm...  i dunno?  i haven't had any go bad from poor rebuilds
yet...  just heat, oil, electrical, and abuse.  so here's my proposal, then:
i'll get one of those "cheap" Checker/Kragen/Schucks rebuilt starters, i'll
wrap it in a heat shield, won't leak oil on it, abuse it, or have electrical
problems, and we'll see how long that lasts.  <Grin>

reality being what it is, i don't think i can get any two of those variables
at once, let alone all four.  better get somebody else, i think.

my preference is always going to be having an older starter rebuilt at a
shop, but that isn't always possible.  as soon as i can afford it, i'm going
to buy spare starters for every vehicle in the fleet.

-Mac

Wassail!

Krystof "Mac" MacBryghde
TyrGothi