The Dreaded Bulkhead Connector -- Or Not ?

Working on Scout electronics is nearly as much fun as working on a
Lucas based system ! Those of us that have been blaming the bulkhead
connectors for various electrical problems may have another part to
accuse.
 I decided to take today off from work to do the ford solenoid
conversion and at the same time check all of my underhood wires as I
had been suffering from the engine randomly cutting out whilst driving.
Lo and behold when I pull the wires attached to the B pillar on the
solenoid out of the loom  I find a bayonet connector on one of the
wires about 6 inches into the loom. It was only just connected and I
hope that I have found what was causing the cut out !

The ford conversion really made a difference in starting -- powerfull
and fast !

Jerry Whitteridge
jrwhitt@domain.elided
91 Jeep Wrangler