Re: Axle Trussing

Rik DesJardin wrote:

> I was thinking LiL'Foot truss was 1/2 in thick not sure about height but 1/
> 1/2 or 2  would certainly do the trick.

I haven't seen Lil'Foot in person yet, and Terry wasn't super clear on
the truss the last time I asked..

> Pre load ?    Hmmmm you'd want to be able to jack the axle up in the middle
> and still not be in the way of your work.  If the engine wasn't in it you

Exactly.

> Just having the wheels off the ground might be adequate preload.   if that
> wasn't enough you could always sit your 4x4 timbers on the tires and braced
> against some part of the scout and have buckets of dirt,sand or spare parts
> on the far end to help apply downward pressure.

Oooh, Rik!  Now *THAT* is a "redneck engineering" approach *I* should've
thought up!  4x4s and buckets of dirt (how about old-antifreeze and oil
pails?)... PURE GENIUS.

Yes, the problem was trying to bend the axle "down" at the ends without
getting in the way of the truss I'm trying to weld on... ;-)

Hmmm.. I'll have to ask this again in BinderChat tonight. ;)  After some
time under the racer..