Re: Axle Trussing

Doug Rasmussen wrote:

>   A caution.  You'll likely be doing quite a bit of welding on the truss
> and the housing.  Keep in mind that welded structures develop incredible
> stresses from the welding.  You could easily deform things if not careful.

*nod*  I tried to remain aware of this when I was welding my spring
perches on for the rear spring-over.  Weld one side 'till it got a
little hot, then switch to the opposite perch.. worked pretty well and
only required one real "pause" in work to let things cool.

>   Aren't bolt-on truss assemblies available?  I thought I saw an ad
> somewhere.

ScoutPro has a cable truss... but I've heard some folks claim the cable
truss is great for springing all the pieces together when the axle
breaks.. and not much more useful. ;)

-Tom