Flat Crank Throw

Earl,
It's been maybe 10 years since I have done it, but I used to hire guys
with portable crank grinders to come to my shop and grind one throw
right there in the engine. I don't imagine portable crank grinders are
very prevalent any more, but there have to be some around. Always
worked out great partly because it was always done on relatively old
engines such as yours. Buick straight 8's and 6's were kind of a
specialty for my old crank grinder and me, although we did quite a
number of cranks over the years.

If you can find somebody who knows what he is doing, it can be as good
as taking the crank out.

John H.