Re: Axle Trussing

I was thinking LiL'Foot truss was 1/2 in thick not sure about height but 1/
1/2 or 2  would certainly do the trick.
Pre load ?    Hmmmm you'd want to be able to jack the axle up in the middle
and still not be in the way of your work.  If the engine wasn't in it you
could lift on the center of the axle with a hoist.
Maybe your bridges to the axle could apply a little extra preload.

I have planned for my shop(becoming a pipe dream) to have a couple deadmen
in the floor so I can hold things down if I need to.

Just having the wheels off the ground might be adequate preload.   if that
wasn't enough you could always sit your 4x4 timbers on the tires and braced
against some part of the scout and have buckets of dirt,sand or spare parts
on the far end to help apply downward pressure.

Rik