'63 T'all Running!!!

Well, I must say it again... "Tom Harais for President!"  He e-mailed me
with what he thought was keeping my '63 T'all from running, and
lo-and-behold, he nailed it.  Went out this morning, tinkered for a
grand total of about three minutes, hooked up the gas can and sat it on
the roof to get a GOOD gravity feed going on, and voila!  Started right
up.  And this truck, which hasn't been started in approximately twenty
years, sounds quiet as a kitten!  It does smoke a little-though really
not much at all, and you have to "get into it" a little bit to even make
it smoke enough to see, but when you do step on it, the smoke is a
little blue.  Hard to call anything at this point, as I have run it a
total of approximately two minutes-want to change that twenty year-old
oil and stuff first!  But it still has oil up to the full line-and I
picked it up about two months ago and seriously doubt that the gentleman
that I bought it from ever put oil in it!

What I was really amazed at was the quiet.  It was in a dry climate, but
the muffler worked great!!!  Really did purr!

So anyway, to Tom, Thank you!  And to the rest of you, thank you as
well-you continue to teach me new things everyday!  Eventually I hope to
actually understand most of what you are saying!

So now I am looking for a 4X4 chassis to plant this thing on!  It is a
'63 Panel version of a T'all, but has large square rear windows in it.
They stop before the curves, but are bigger than the rear door windows.
It is currently school bus red, which is interesting!

Anyway, have a great day!

Michael