Tom's Tranny...

Well, I decided to cut to the chase, and get the "most likely best"
answer straight from the pros...

for those that don't want to repeat what I did.. here's the idea.

Instead of blowing the torque converter or the tranmission pump (both of
which appear fine), I blew the diaphram on the front clutch pack.  I may
have also damaged the cast iron rings on the input shaft.

That's what kept me from going at-all last week, and that's why I have
no Reverse today (that's the front clutch) and if I could get going fast
enough, I'd have no 3rd gear either (front clutch).  I believe, because
of the damage to the front clutch pack, that's why I can go, but very
slowly, in the lower gears.

The fix?

PULL THE MOTOR AND TRANNY AGAIN (great, huh?)

Open the trans up, and remove the front pump, and pull the input shaft
and clutch packs out.

Take the front clutch apart and do a full rebuild on the diaphram.  I
still have enough left-overs from the rebuild kit.

I should probably thing about taking the rear clutch fully apart while
I'm at it.

Rebuild the clutches, reinstall into the tranny, re-adjust the bands,
reinstall the pump, blah blah.. THEN I can reinstall the motor and
transmission into the truck, put the exhaust back on, *ETC*

All that just because I didn't put the torque converter on properly the
first time.

Take heed! ;)

-Tom