Re: NWBRU

"Neff, Matthew John - MBA" wrote:
> I'm getting fired up.  I have been looking fruitlessly for a D44 front with
> 3.73 gears to upgrade my little Scout II (73).  I'd need brakes (my hubs are
> NWBRU? Also, I'd love to get ahold of the folks that caravaned up thru
> oregon so we can get together a Portland contingent.  I've got a IH crazy

Well, two things Matt.. I have (after a long search and an expensive
truck freight bill) a 3.73 ratio Dana 44 front axle that came *out* of
Oregon.. sitting in my garage.  It was slated for my '72 SII.. however,
as time has progressed, I'm thinking the '72 might want 4.10 gears and
not 3.73.. and maybe not even Scout II running gear.. ;-)

Unfortunately, I won't be making the caravan trek from RMIHR in Colorado
up through Oregon to NWBRU this year.. no Moab, either.

I have an event closer to home the weekend of NWBRU, and I'm part of the
"Host" contingent.. 3 days of wheelin' with my "local" (Montana) 4x4
friends, 100 miles from home... which means no NWBRU.  :-(

Perhaps next year we'll have another convoy through Oregon..

-Tom Mandera, Helena MT
http://www.tmcom.com/~tsm1/scout