Re: Toms Wires

Fleck said:
<WARNING" Stay away from Accel wire. John Ekelmann
installeda set and just
for kicks we tested them on our buddied Dads $5000
Snap-onengine analizer
and they had worse performance than the 7mm umpteen
yearold wires that
were on there and they were brand new. The suck.>

Boy can I second that one!!!
 I installed the ACCELL wires on my Scout about a
month ago. Two nights past I tried to remove the
number one wire at the plug. Twisted, twisted,
pleaded, cajoled, pulled....it came off leaving the
crimped connector on the plug.
 I used an old wire from the set the PO had on it (no
name, 7mm, HARD insulation) and just for kicks checked
both wires with my ohm meter. The ACCELL had almost
twice the resistance of the old wire.
 So I too am interested in a pre-cut wire set.
Preferably one that has straight boots for the
distributor connection, not the 90 degree ones, they
are a PITA for the drivers side bank of cylinders.
 BTW, how do you all route the wires? Right now mine
go up and over the thermostat neck, it works, but
maybe there's a better way?
Russ