Woaa Buddy, RE:To the scrap yard with them then.

REGARDING Stevens Post:

Date: Thu, 17 Jun 1999 17:14:03 EDT
From: N2IHC@domain.elided
Subject: To the scrap yard with them then.

.Hello all after sending out my first shipment today I was greeted with an
.outrageous E-mail from the buyer who expected me to buy a box company and/or
.pay for all the packaging for his stuff.  Boxing is not my job and I had hi
.items boxed by the UPS outlet.  Any how due to 1 confusion on both our parts
.there was a charge he did not want to pay and as a result he is refusing the
.order.  I am now out 80.00 bucks for his two packages and the time it took
.take all of it apart (for free) and haul it around.  As I am not made of
.money and this person was very rude to me in his E-mail, and as he is not
the
.only one who wanted something for nothing, I will after 10 years in the IHC
.community be leaving the digest and all other IH related activities and
.dealings.

REPLY: Woaaa there Steven, going open loop and venting on us digester who
had nothing to do with your dealings is not the way to go. As a businessman
myself I understand the trial of operating your own business. Its a fact of
business, and I have already had my dealing and will no doubt have more in
the future, but quiting is an easy way out and going Jeep is even more of a
poor idea. Be fortunate that you got it under your belt and this lesson
only cost you $80. If the person wants you to box it from now on charge
shipping and Handling to recoup your cost. Take it in stride and just dont
deal with this person again unless all is understood and clear. Its not a
big deal as it takes two for a misunderstanding to occur.

* Jeep here I come!  His letter made me so Pissed off I will smile
*after each RHD Scout is crushed into small cube's and melted down to become
*more Jeeps!

REPLY:Ya can melt them down but ya cant crush a legend. Oh and if ya
scratch away the pain on the new jeeps you will find logos of Coca Cola,
Budweiser, Coors, etc

*I am sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused to people
*who are not moochers

REPLY: How could it cause any of us an inconvienance as we were not
involved in this particular transaction?

*and If you really need the parts I will still help you
*out but NO COD and it all goes until I make the 80.00 back I just lost.

REPLY: See now ya are thinking straight. Add a few bucks each time to
recoup you loss and all is well, and youir blood pressure stays normal.

*Ya know I wasn't making millions off the parts I was selling...I only made
*enough to pay for a few things on my truck...I guess I should have charged
as
*much as the rest of the IH vendors!  Good bye all some of it was fun and I
*will miss many of you.  Good luck

REPLY: Now Now you know ya cant leave the best. If ya do it will haunt ya
and then you will be after Dana 300s, and Dana 44s from Scouts to upgrade
an inferior 4x4. So stick with the whole package and stay IH.

Steven i fell bad you got treated the way you did and can relate so from me
and the digest, Dont take it too hard and let it go. Best of luck and hope
to see ya on the digest again.

John Fleck
Back Country Binders
CEO, CFO, CIO, CKO, President, board of directors, and owner/operater
			    BACK COUNTRY BINDERS
			     1225 N.E. McGee Way
			     Pullman, WA. 99163
                               John L. Fleck