Re: They're they go again!!

Chris is right!

Back in 1982, I worked for a company that supplied "man machine interfaces"
to industry. (PCs to program programmable controllers and SCADA systems to
see how the operation was going for those who know about these things).
One of those industries, was GM.

I got to go out to Detroit and spend two weeks with our supplier.  It was
interesting because what I say was not a giant GM or Ford, but a
hodge-podge of little shops from engineering design to parts production
that supplied the auto industry.  It was a bunch of subcontractors!  The
only thing GM and Ford and Chrysler seemed to own were the assembly plants
and their headquarters buildings.

But, since that time, I have noticed a propensity for "the Big 3" to have
purchased many of these suppliers.  None-the-less, friends of mine that are
"in the know" assure me that these companies still produce parts for all
auto manufacturers, not just the one that owns their firm and that it is a
continuos process of design, bid, produce.

Tom H.