SOS...Scout died

Ok folks, need some help.
 '73 Scout II, 304, manual.
 Bacground: Last night I was going to replace my brake
booster only to find that the one I ordered was wrong.
The one that came in is the single (thinner, larger
diameter type) and the one on the truck is the double
(thicker, smaller diameter).
            So I decided to put in the Pertronix
ignitor I had waiting since I had already put on my
grubby clothes. Installation went fine. But when I
went to fire the truck up I got nothing, turned the
key, no click, nothing. Checked the voltage on the
battery, 12.7. Checked the voltage at the battery lug
on the solenoid, 12.6. I took off the wires at the
solenoid, cleaned them up, replaced two ring ends that
looked bad, put everything back together, NOTHING.
           I grabbed a big screw driver and jumped the
solenoid, truck turned over. Out of my league at this
point, I decided to put on the spare solenoid in
desperation. Still nothing.
           Turned the key on, and jumped the solenoid
again for about 6 seconds. Truck sounded like it
wanted to start. Tried the key....and the truck turned
over!!!!
           Tried to start it with the key, and it
wanted to run, but when I let off the key it would
die. I held the throttle sbout half way open and
cranked for about 5 seconds and finally got the truck
to stay running, but as soon as the idle dropped to
around 600 rpm's it would die, a very quick death,
like someone had turned the key off. I adjusted the
idle up to about 800 rpm's, let it warm up, set the
timing (per the Ignitor instructions), and everything
seemed to be ok.
           Went out this morning (crossed my fingers),
and the truck fired right up. Actually it drove very
nicely, idle seemed to be very smooth....until I made
the last turn going to work. As I went around the
corner I hit a small bump and the truck died. It
sounded very much like the Scout I used to own with
the gold box when the box died.
           I checked everything I could think
of...wiggled connections at the solenoid....wiggled
the bulkhead connectors. Turning the key, the truck
still sounds like it wants to start...but dies as soon
as the key is released.
           Walked the last half mile to work.
What now?
 It seems to be electrical, right? Help!