Re: SOS...Scout died

>            I checked everything I could think
> of...wiggled connections at the solenoid....wiggled
> the bulkhead connectors. Turning the key, the truck
> still sounds like it wants to start...but dies as soon
> as the key is released.
>            Walked the last half mile to work.

Sounds an awful lot like a bulkhead connector.. mine did that right
after I put my V8 in.. I could turn the key, and it would run until I
released the key.  First few times I just kept trying and trying until
it decided to keep running.. now I know what it is, and wiggle the
connector to bring it back to life.

The low-rpm stall could be that you knocked a vacuum line off while
under the hood.

-Tom