Transmission Questions

My '74 Travelall has just started showing some shifting quirks, and I'm
hoping you gurus can help me out here.

Here's the data:

About two weeks ago I put some larger tires on it: 31" vs the older 30"
tires.  At approximately the same time I noticed that it seems weaker around
40 mph when climbing hills, it tends to shift into 3rd late (around 40 - 45
mph), and it sometimes shifts back & forth between 2nd & 3rd.

Additionally, it has started shifting out of gear into neutral.  This
generally happens at very low speed when powering through a curve or into &
out of a deep, broad ditch.  It's only happened a few times so far.

My engine (392) has 177k miles on it, but misses, and has far less than
perfect compression. My transmission has the same mileage on it, but was
rebuilt at around 90k.

Question:

Does this sound like multiple problems, or are these symptoms related?

Any recommendations?

Thanks!

Ken Farmer
pharmer@domain.elided
1974 Travelall 100, 392, 3.73, 31" tires, NP205, TF727...