grease and 800 lifts

First the grease, Tom, I use Mobil One or Valvoline synthetic in the tube
for everything that needs a heavy, sticky kind of grease (wheel bearings,
steering, u-joints, etc) and Sylgard or something like it for things like
door latches, speedo cables and such. Not very ...exact(?) or maybe not
exactly the correct lube for the job but it seems to work ok and is easier
than having a zillion lubes around and having to remember which goes where.
Amsoil seems to offer a pretty good line of different synthetic lubes by
application, maybe they have a chart or something.

800 lifts, drat, I'd almost forgotten this whole fiasco. Short version,
55-75 CJ springs work ... sort of. The rears go right in, the fronts need
to have either the mounts on the frame moves slightly (3/4" each) or a new
mainleaf. I chose the latter and it cost me, but in retrospect I could have
been a little clever and saved myself a lot of time and trouble. The key
(IMHO) to making this swap affordable is to find the CJ springs cheaply,
otherwise you could just get the stockers reaerched or buy the one 800 kit
on the market. Amount of lift varies with the condition of your old springs
and which new springs you use. If you want the whole gory story let me know
off digest, these poor guys have heard it to death. I do have access to a
set of rearched, leaf added, 800 springs that i took off  when I did the CJ
swap to the 800, or i could make you a deal on the set currently on my 74
CJ, that'll take some warning though.

Terry  Rust

"We already have too much economic growth in the United States. Economic
growth in rich countries like ours is the disease, not the cure."
-Paul Elrich, Stanford University biologist and advisor to Vice President
Albert Gore