Ouch - brakes

I'm getting quotes of $144 to $190 for a booster & m/c, and 7 days to
get it.  I hear of folks hitting Autozone and snagging up the same stuff
for under $100.

So.. two choices.  1) try to use the booster Willy sent with a new m/c
and hope it works.  or 2) non-power assist brakes.

Brake pedal has a "side-pin" for the booster operating "rod" to hook
onto.  The m/c has a "hole" for the booster's "pin" to engage.  How does
one go about attaching the m/c directly to the pedal?  I have a '72 SII
w/ drum/drum and non-power brakes that I can rob parts from or ideas.  I
think I'll have to do that if the booster doesn't work.  Shouldn't be
too difficult or complex tho', right?

I can get a rebuilt m/c for under $20 today.  I know of other places I
can get a booster for $60.. but not here, and not today, and not
tomorrow.

The joys of living in Montana.. ;-)

-Tom