Murphy?? Rad Mount & brakes

I spent too much time trying to work out brake couplings last night.

I had bought '74 Chevy 2wd front brake lines based on information I'd
received.  This isn't the exact part # I was given, but it's a similar
application.

These are ~ 22" long.  First, I think I received two driver's side
lines.. but that's OK, I bent the passenger to match.

The "frame" side of the lines didn't fit tho'!  Stock front "loop" for
the brakes had too large of a fitting.  Same with the banjo bolt on the
block on the driver's side.  After an hour of sorting through adapters
n' such, I finally bought a new brass T, and made a new front "loop"
brake line and used the proper sized tube, and life is good..  no, wait,
I'm missing a bleeder screw.. another trip to the store.  Wrong size, so
I cannibalized a SII caliper in the garage.

I then tried to bleed the brakes, using the booster & m/c Willy sent
me.  No go.  I couldn't get the reservoir to drain.. even if I pulled
the lines from the proportioning valve & m/c, nothing.  Remove m/c from
booster, work by hand, and the FRONT reservoir will go down, but not the
back.  #%@%#  Guess I do brakes another night.

Booster & M/c are on my shopping list tonight.

I did get the radiator and trans cooler lines mounted.  Converted rad to
use some steel brake lines, and plumbed it.

Rad mount looks good, but it's about 2" too high.. I'll be relocating
the front clip up tonight.. I'm not re-doing the rad mount.

2x3 angle across the front body mounts.  Radiator sits on top of this,
with the vertical angle face to the front of the Scout.  Some 1.5x1.5
angle is bolted to the stock mounting flange on the radiator.  At the
bottom I have a 3/8" bolt cinching the "bracket/flange" to the 3x2
mounting angle.  A muffler hanger rubber-thing is stuck between the rad
and the angle.

Then at the top, some 1/8"x1" flat was cut to length and drilled.
Bolted to the upper inner fender mount, and then bolted to the new
1.5x1.5 angle on the radiator at the top, to push the top of the rad
away from the fan.

Feels pretty solid, just about 2" too high.  Upper rad hose won't reach,
but I have an extra lower hose I can cut and make fit.

Trans cooler is attached.  Didn't check if it would leak, since I
couldn't start the open-manifold 304 at 3am this morning.

'Cage is bolted down to the floor.. I'm not happy with how the floor
*CRACKED* in one spot (passenger front) when I tightened down the
bolts.. definitely an "upgrade this ASAP" item.

Brakes, then some fuel line, mount seat, fill transfer case, front diff,
change oil, fill radiator.  Then drive to gas station, fill tank, try
running from the tank, then mount the front clip.

Wow...

-Tom