Re: Ouch - brakes

Mine (booster and m/c) was $197 from Autozone in Arlington, Texas. Funny
thing is, though, the assy. was CHEAPER with the m/c attached. It only took
a day to receive it.

Tom Mandera wrote:

> I'm getting quotes of $144 to $190 for a booster & m/c, and 7 days to
> get it.  I hear of folks hitting Autozone and snagging up the same stuff
> for under $100.
>
> So.. two choices.  1) try to use the booster Willy sent with a new m/c
> and hope it works.  or 2) non-power assist brakes.
>
> Brake pedal has a "side-pin" for the booster operating "rod" to hook
> onto.  The m/c has a "hole" for the booster's "pin" to engage.  How does
> one go about attaching the m/c directly to the pedal?  I have a '72 SII
> w/ drum/drum and non-power brakes that I can rob parts from or ideas.  I
> think I'll have to do that if the booster doesn't work.  Shouldn't be
> too difficult or complex tho', right?
>
> I can get a rebuilt m/c for under $20 today.  I know of other places I
> can get a booster for $60.. but not here, and not today, and not
> tomorrow.
>
> The joys of living in Montana.. ;-)
>
> -Tom

Kevin and Lisa Curry <>< - kevin@domain.elided
 - The only thing we have to look forward to when
   the  war in Kosovo is over is more Time/Life books"