Ford vs Dexron

>TCH can be used in place of Dexron/Mercon II & III, but don't put it in
>place of Ford ATF fluid or you will be in a world of hurt. :(

Please, if anyone REALLY knows the differences between Ford ATF
("Type F"?) and Dexron, explain!

Having rebuilt both 727s and C-6s, I can tell you that the parts inside
them are near identical.  The seals are regular 'National' brand in
both...I've never visually noticed a difference in viscosity...????
I heard once that one has an additive that makes the seals swell...
but I'm not sure I believe that one.

TIA
Allan Weidenheimer
72 1210 Pickup

ps.  I was searching the net for car trailer plans today.  Got a link to
www.bronco.com, looks like a web archive of a bronco digest.  Funny,
they were bantering about many of the same topics we have...
DIY bedliner, rust, auto vs manual...etc.  Did not find any plans, BTW