Re: Yank's starter problem

LATE BREAKING NEWS: "Tom Harais" <tjhemh@domain.elided> wins the 40 million
dollar lottery and says:

>Lot's of race cars have thier gauges rotated such that at "normal" or
>desireable values, the needle is pointed vertically.  That allows a busy
>race car driver to just scan across the gauage faces quickly, to see if all
>the needles are pointing straight up.  Any that aren't, he/she can then
>focus on and figure out what's going on.

Army helicopters are that way too.  One scan across the instrument panel at
all those needles pointing the same way and you immediately know if you're
about to have a bad day (or "screw the pooch" as Chuck Yeager was fond of
saying).

John L.
jlandry AT halcyon DOT com      |"I don't care if you think it's your right.
Conservative Libertarian        | I say: Sorry, it's 1999. We have had
Life Member of the NRA          | enough as a nation. You are not allowed
WA Arms Collectors              | to own a gun, and if you do own a gun
Commercial Helicopter - Inst.   | I think you should go to prison."
http://www.halcyon.com/jlandry/ |        -- Talk-show host Rosie O'Donnell