Goldbox hotwire

Hmmm...

Pulled the dist cap off (it was sealed for the mud) and put it back on..
then I ran a hot wire to the upper right connector on the engine side of
the bulkhead - saw this when I looked at my gold-box 196.

Tried it a few times, no start.. Pulled back a plug wire, found that I
now had spark!  Put it back on, and with both hot wires (to bulkhead and
to coil) I pushed the throttle linkage once, then jammed the wrench
against the starter... IT'S ALIVE.

I'm sure the neighbors love the sound of open exhaust on a 304 at 9:30..
so I couldn't run it long.

Good news (sorta) is that I have ATF spitting out of the "bypass hose" I
quickly hooked up (route out back to in very quickly - TEMPORARY) and not
the input seal.. dunno if that's "really good" or just "not so bad"..
we'll see when I get the cooler hooked up and I can run the motor for a bit..

Yee-haw.  Front axle is here, and it's going in!