Re: The new Scout part business

N2IHC@domain.elided wrote:

>  You have expressed an interest in the new business my partner and I are
> starting up.  At the current time I cannot divulge the name I have chosen
> because I don't want to loose the domain name.  This is 100% legit and the
> parts will be available soon.  My partner is the one with the scouts and he
> was junking them 1 by 1 to the wrecking yard as he did not want to deal with
> finding a buyer for the stuff left over.  He uses the frame, suspension,
> axils, motor, trany and builds kit cars.
>
>  I have persuaded him to start a business and save these scout's the best way
> we can...to all the true scout enthusiasts such as yourself.
>
>  You my friends are the first to E-mail about this and I will give you all
> first pickings in the order that I received the E-mails.  I am planning on
> making it all affordable so us common folk can buy the stuff.  I am not sure
> on prices yet.  I am now starting to get the WWW site up and running.  As I
> have gotten 18 E-mails in one day it will be hard to write you all
> individually so I will try to get the WWW site up ASAP to keep everyone
> posted.
>
> This will be an online or mail order business to keep costs down so there
> will be secure credit card ordering as well as snail mail.  I can't wait to
> get the ball rolling and I hope we (IH'ers) can all benefit from this gold
> mine O' Scouts!
>
> Yours truly,
>
> Steven A. Tucker

So the original posting of, "I know of a business that is gearing up
soon..." basically means, "I am starting a business!"  I don't mind that
you are doing it, but am curious as to why the deceptive manner of
introducing it.  No better way to make someone suspicious right from the
start!  Definitely makes me think that something funny is going on
here!  Anyway, In am very seriously interested in your business, but am
very leary already of your business practices.  Please explain, if you
could.  Had you posted, "I am starting a business with..."  But to say,
"I know of a business that..." when it is your business seems
intentionally deceitful-sorry, but that is just how it seems to me.  We
have a very open and honest digest-I think you can just lay out the
facts.

Michael