brake booster check valves and hoses

>Date: Thu, 3 Jun 1999 08:40:32 -0700 (PDT)
>From: Russel DeArman <russde_93@domain.elided>
>Subject: Brake booster vacuum fitting
>
>My brakes tried to die on me this morning. When I
>checked the vacuum hose running to the booster I found
>that the 'elbow' fitting attached to it had developed
>a fatal crack.
>  As a temporary fix I shoved the hose itself into the
>rubber grommet on the booster, but it is leaking as
>well. Does this rubber grommet come out? Or is it
>attached to something inside the booster? Didn't want
>to pull on it for fear of its breaking without a handy
>replacement.
>  Are the rubber grommet and white elbow piece
>available at parts stores, or are they special order?
>My truck tries to die everytime I hit the brakes.
>Thanks,

Jim's gonna sound like a broken record here, but PLEASE for your own safety
and the safety of your passengers just go ahead and replace the brake
booster check valve and vacuum hose if you can't remember when it was last
changed. These are generic parts available anywhere and are just plain
cheap insurance against having to make a panic stop with a suddenly
un-boosted p/b system.....(been there, done that, soiled shorts to prove
it...)

p.s. also a good time to chase down any other vacuum leaks you might have ;)

Jim
Bindertown USA