Re: Still no brakes

>Is it actually going to the floor, or almost all the way?
The pedal isn't actually hitting the floor - I think it's hitting
something on the pedal bracket that's stopping it's travel. It's clearly
not hydraulic pressure that's stopping it.

>Does the truck
>stop?
Nope. I backed it out of the garage, and the brakes didn't do anything.

Well I thought I had it figured out. Turns out on the Eldorado calipers
the parking brake lever actuates the main caliper. This means that if
the parking brake is not connected (mine wasn't), the caliper doesn't
have the self-adjusting property of most calipers, so the brake pads
are too far away from the rotor, and the pedal motion can't move it enough
to apply pressure to the rotor. The calipers are self-adjusting, but
it's the emergency brake that does the adjusting. So last night I got
the emergency brake reinstalled, but it still does the same thing. I
verified that the emergency brake is causing the pads to apply pressure
to the rotor, but the pedal still goes all the way down with little to
no resistance.

Later,
 Curt
   rcleavin@domain.elided  San Diego, CA
   Binder Bunch: http://www.off-road.com/~jweed/binder.htm
   Scouts West: http://www.scoutswest.com
 [/>/]             [\<\] '75 Scout II     '75 Travelall 150