Re: Still no brakes

Curt & digesters,

<< Well I replaced the master cylinder, and rebled (I bench-bled the master
cylinder before installing it, made sure the little button on the
proportioning valve was depressed the whole time, and I also removed the
rear calipers and tilted them up so that the bleeder screws were at the
top and pointing upward), and it's still the same - the brake pedal goes
right to the floor with little or no resistance.  >>

Is it actually going to the floor, or almost all the way? Does the truck
stop? I've heard that when you convert to discs from drums, the pedal acts
differently. Your description sounds pretty much like I've read. Remember
that disc pads ride just off the rotor, unlike shoes and drum which retract
via the brake shoe springs. It seems to me that the point that the pedal
starts to engage the brakes would be much lower than before the conversion,
because the rod from the master cyl/power booster would not retract as far,
pushing the brake pedal up from the floor.

STeve