Donut, Ed's Truck.

   Well, Ed's 5 cylinder is now a 6 cylinder once again. Put it all
together and let it run for a while at idle till the oil was all burned
out of the cylinders. It was missing on the #5 cylinder, way before he
even dropped the valve on #1, so we changed the cap, rotor, and points.
This smoothed the engine right out and took the bog out on
deceleleration. Since I don't have alot of experiance with points I just
dropped the new ones right into the exact spot the old ones were in and
this seemed to do the trick. I also had to turn his curb idle up some,
it was really low, like 700 RPM's.
   It now has a loud(er) lifter tap that Ed said was ther before, but;
seams to have gotten louder since the 'incedent'. Had I known it was
there to begin with I would have pulled the lifters out and looked them
over before we reasembled the engine, oh well.
   We the took some pictures of me testing out the lift on my front yard
wheel travel ramp. Ed'll post them as soon as he gets home. (Tomorrow
night, he is in Atlantic City tonight.)

_____Dan Nees_____
cookiedan@domain.elided

3 Scout's, one shotgun, 20/20 vision.