re: topless question

OK, I have you all beat- I took the top off my '78 yesterday with the
help of my friend Rob (who thought we were going to get a sunday-night
beer.) We unbolted and lifted it up over the 5-foot rear wall of my
rowhome in downtown Baltimore and leaned it up against the side wall of
my neighbor's extension on its back side (liftgate facing down.)
Hopefully, in two or three weeks, the storage facility about a mile from
the house will be done and I can store it on some sawhorses down there,
out of the rain (currently it sports a big blue tarp.)
This was how it was stored by the PO in his garage, and it hasn't
sagged, bent or warped yet (knock on wood) but keep in mind I have a
steel liftgate, not fiberglass.
Also, Erick Foor at East Coast Scouts rebuilt my carb and got my rig
back to me on saturday; it's like I'm driving a whole other truck. He's
also going to be cutting my floor out and replacing the whole back bed
including supports in another month, if we keep to the schedule.
Heading to the beach this weekend; I'll take some more pictures for you.

Bill D.