RE: topless question

John Staub wrote:
> I just took my top off yesterday for the first time. It was surprisingly
> easy, since I have a barn and used an overhead beam and block and
> tackle to
> lift it up. I can't see why a tree branch wouldn't work just as well,
> though. As for storing the top, I plan on letting it sit on the
> bottom edges
> in a corner of the barn. i was hoping to store it on its side,
> but it is way
> too flimsy when it's not bolted down. I think the best way to save space
> would be to remove the lift gate and stand it on the back edges. Bolting a
> 2x4 would be a good way to make sure it keeps it's shape.

In spite of what my kids might believe, I don't have a barn.  Not even a
useful tree branch.  I think I'll have Jen do the Tom Mandera back-technique
to get it off.  That'll be followed by the silliness of then bolting it to a
plywood base, then putting it *on top* of my travelall, carting it to the
storage place, and putting it in our storage locker.  Maybe if I go early in
the morning nobody will see me...

The next house will have a barn,

Ken