Re: Claire rips Rosie a new one!

Eric:

"Majority rule" is a generalization. The founding fathers realized that the
majority is not always right, and can comprise a tyranny as well, rolling
right over "minority positions". That's specifically why they drafted the
Bill of Rights in the first place, to insure that the majority would not
crush the minority, at least in many important areas like speech, religion,
ownership of firearms, power of the state to search and sieze, fair and just
punishment, etc.

And, although many nay-sayers would point out examples in real life contrary
to this, I still feel that these are noble causes that we should all strive
for.

Your position of allowing personal freedoms so long as we don't force you to
sanction or accept them, is a noble one along these very lines.

Tom H.