Distributor choice and 392 parts

> Date: Sat, 15 May 1999 03:40:43 EDT
> From: ScoutIIMan@domain.elided
> Subject: Re: Distributor choice and 392 parts
>
> Morning Digesters & Ted,
>
> << Use the Presolite. >>
>
> I gotta disagree with you here. If you go with the prestolite, and it quits
> out in the boonies, you're stuck. If you go with the points type distributor
> and add the Pertronix, and it quits on you, put in the points and keep on
> drivin. BTDT

I purchased my used Prestolite ($25) 6 years ago.

The swampers down here (S. FL & Everglades area) carry a spare (point
type or otherwise) distributor.

Their theory is that it is easier to change the distributor.

You're less likely to drop something crucial into the water.<g>

Ted Borck	tborck@domain.elided