Re: Travelall - it coughed!

G'Morning Tom and Fellow (and non-Fellow, ahem!) Digesters,

On 22:31 on 05/14/99,  Tom Mandera took the time to write:

: the siphon, I made a huge gas mess everywhere that I had to wait out.. d'oh.
                       ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^***********^^^^^^^^^^^^

Sounds like the "Older & Wiser Tom" has arrived! Soon, Hoffs proverbs will begin
to make sense to you.  You DID  archive all of his messages, right?! ;-)

: Then, with the wires in what I believed to be the "correct" spot (#1
: pointing at the vertical water pipe from the water pump, right?), I

Dunno, I'll check my manual in a bit... gotta read it anyhow! ;-)

: cranked.. and then punched the throttle (Oops, needs a return spring
: still).  It burped!

Oh yeah!  A return spring!!  I need one of them two!  DPO (Not Steve!) put a
mini bungee cord on. Works, but...

<Snippo>

: Are my assumptions about the "hose" from the intake to the tappet
: correct?  Would that be a good enough reason for the motor to Puff but
: not run?

If memory serves, there's a fair 345 vac diagram on Weed's pages...
(or was it the BB tech pages...?!)

: The hose on the manifold had a round cylinder body, but then a "nipple"
: on the end.  The hose that was with the motor is just a cylinder.  I
: couldn't get the "nipple" hose to go into the hole.

Have you (or DPO) been playing any games (like I've been forced to!); eg; Scout
motor transplanted into T-all?  Minor nuances.  Maybe a few gotchas!

: What's this particular part called n' what are these variations?  I'll
: look through my shop manual shortly.

Ditto...  I'll e-mail direct if I see anything concrete.

: Oh well, it almost ran..

Your T-all is ahead of mine! %^}

Later,

--Pete